March 11, 2011

Is It All About Self Fulfillment?

Yes, another post about how ignorant people are today. Seriously though. Think about it. Next time your out in Walmart, a fast food joint, wherever, stop to look and listen. You will be surprised. 


What really bugs me the most is, people know what they are doing. They fail to take 30 seconds and read. I've seen it a million times. I deal with it day in and day out. 


Perfect example was tonight. A lady asked me to show her how to get to her pictures folder on her PC. I asked her if she ever opened the folder before she said yes. I asked her to show me. She proceeded to open her pictures folder, we saw her pictures, then she closed it. Then she asked me, not once but twice, to show her how to get to her pictures folder. Really?


People think I make a lot of this stuff up. But one would be surprised at how many actual Darwin awards I could hand out in a months time. I try to be nice with people. People have told me I should have been a teacher. NO WAY IN HELL! I can work with you to help solve issues. I cannot cater to your helpless act of self fulfillment because you get off watching other people hold your hand. 


As I grew up, I was taught to be self sufficient and ask for help when I truly needed it. Weird things is, I did that. But a lot of others can't seem to fathom that idea.  


I like it how people buy new gadgets. Whether it's a TV, printer, pc, game console. And yet they cannot take 30 seconds to read the instruction manual. Hell they never open the damn thing. Then they call and say hey, this ain't working fix it. Once prompted for the manual, they say they don't have it or can't find it. But they jsut told you less then 3 minutes ago, they just opened the thing from the box. 


We want accountability from our govt. yet we cannot expect to hold ourselves accountable for stupidity?
Share:

Categories

Adrenaline (1) Art (17) Bucket List (1) Buffy (6) Cars (1) Charles Boyer (1) Christmas (1) Classics (2) Collections (4) Computers (16) confusion (3) corporate greed (7) Design (8) Dreams (10) fantasy (4) Feelings (1) Forza 6 (1) Frustration (4) Fun (3) funny (11) games (1) Gaming (3) General (91) Google+ (3) greed (3) Halloween (1) health (12) Hedy Lamarr (2) Hollywood Classics (1) horror (5) Ignorance (7) imagination (3) Journalism (1) Life (77) macabre (4) Military (1) Minecraft (3) Monster Trucks (1) Movie (3) Music (9) Ouch (2) Photos (1) Politics (24) Rant's (110) Religion (3) Romance (2) Sad (13) School (3) Silver Screen (1) Speed TV (1) Sports (6) Stupidity (2) Tech (18) TV (4) unemployment (2) Weird (2) World (5) Writings (11) WTH (5)

Blog Archive

Google+ Followers

Copyright © Alt+F4 | Powered by Blogger