October 24, 2011

Re-inventing The Stories

So, I've started to get back into collecting comics again. The last collection i had was some 3,000 books total. Wide variety of Marvel and Image/Top Cow with some indies and a little DC thrown in. My life went upside down some 8 years ago and ended up selling 99.5% of the collection for a fraction of what it was actually worth. Including the pride and joy of the collection, issues #181 of the Incredible Hulk.  Anyways, I kept all of my Image/Top Cow books. Which included a handful of Tomb Raider, Witchblade and Darkness. Not to mention all of my Spiderman issues.

So, in the last month, I've started gathering a volume to my collection. Replacing some of the issues I can that i sold off. And filling in issues that i never got before. So in all, this new collection started with about 24 books and is now sitting at about 118.

In this new collection, I've started adding some DC. I've never been a major DC Fanboy. But with the recent re-launch making the New 52, I figured i would give it a shot. So other then my normal Marvel issues I picked up this weekend, I also picked up, Catwoman #1 and Detective Comics #1 and #2. 

Let's start off with Catwoman. Selina is sexier then ever. Plus the fact her and Batman pick up on their old "fling." The art is good, which is important to me. The story line is more or less a break through to re-introduce her to new readers as well as some background to set up the new stories. And she's half nekked!!!!

The Detective comics are more my style. Dark, well drawn, excellent color (though for the most part, im color blind). The first issue was good. The ending had me diving for the second issues.  *SPOILER* Nothing like seeing Jokers face, yes his face. Like in the movie Face Off, lying on the floor on the very last page. Now this may have been a re-hatch of a previous story. However, like I said before, I'm not big into DC. So this is all new to me. 

The second issue was just as good. I have now decided that I will stick with this series until it either changes for the worse or just stops. The good thing about this I think, is the writer is also doing the sketching. So now only can he draw what he see's, it will make it more intense. 

I may be getting older. But I've always liked comic books. The biggest reason is the art and the colors. Sometimes the story is a total flop. But the art in the issue was amazing. And since I don't have any kids, another story in itself, I can pass this collection off to my nephews when they get older. Currently, they are a little young. In a few more years, i'll get them started with some basics and maybe show them about collecting. But by time they get this collection, there will be plenty books to read. And they can choose what they wish to do with it. 


Share:

Categories

Adrenaline (1) Art (17) Bucket List (1) Buffy (6) Cars (1) Charles Boyer (1) Christmas (1) Classics (2) Collections (4) Computers (16) confusion (3) corporate greed (7) Design (8) Dreams (10) fantasy (4) Feelings (1) Forza 6 (1) Frustration (4) Fun (3) funny (11) games (1) Gaming (3) General (91) Google+ (3) greed (3) Halloween (1) health (12) Hedy Lamarr (2) Hollywood Classics (1) horror (5) Ignorance (7) imagination (3) Journalism (1) Life (77) macabre (4) Military (1) Minecraft (3) Monster Trucks (1) Movie (3) Music (9) Ouch (2) Photos (1) Politics (24) Rant's (110) Religion (3) Romance (2) Sad (13) School (3) Silver Screen (1) Speed TV (1) Sports (6) Stupidity (2) Tech (18) TV (4) unemployment (2) Weird (2) World (5) Writings (11) WTH (5)

Google+ Followers

Copyright © Alt+F4 | Powered by Blogger