December 24, 2011

Long Lost Santa Letter

So tomorrows the big day for this family. Christmas Eve is when dinner is. It's when we open gifts. It's when everyone shows up. A house full of people. Some you don't get along with. Some you speak with just to say high. And all the noise.


There are times I feel like the Grinch at the beginning of How The Grinch Stole Christmas. "And they'll play noisy games like zoozit and kazay, a rollerskate type of lacrosse and croquet!" That about sums it up in this house. And it's not normally the kids either.


I guess years of family fighting on the holidays as gotten me to the point that I just don't like to put up with it anymore. I don't mind a few people. But when there are 20+, it's like chalk on a board for me. But like every year, I put up with it and move on.


However this year is a little more sad. As my grandmother passed away the week of my birthday last month. And this will be the first year my father will have Christmas without either of his parents. As my grandfather passed a few years ago of brain cancer. I can't be in NY with him so I can only call him.


I think the biggest thing that gets to me around this time of year is the materialism. Everyone has to have the best of this and the best of that. I doubt anyone can go a Christmas with out getting a gift other then a Christmas card and maybe some candy. People run around the stores, spending money they don't have. Bitching because they are broke after the first of the year. People buying gadgets they have no clue how to use and expect other to tech them with attitudes of whinny ass 2 year olds.


One year, before I pass from this world. I am hoping for a quiet Christmas with the ones I love direct to me. No gifts other then cards, food and maybe some classic Christmas TV. But it's a dream that Santa hasn't brought. Doubt he ever will.
Share:

Categories

Adrenaline (1) Art (17) Bucket List (1) Buffy (6) Cars (1) Charles Boyer (1) Christmas (1) Classics (2) Collections (4) Computers (16) confusion (3) corporate greed (7) Design (8) Dreams (10) fantasy (4) Feelings (1) Forza 6 (1) Frustration (4) Fun (3) funny (11) games (1) Gaming (3) General (91) Google+ (3) greed (3) Halloween (1) health (12) Hedy Lamarr (2) Hollywood Classics (1) horror (5) Ignorance (7) imagination (3) Journalism (1) Life (77) macabre (4) Military (1) Minecraft (3) Monster Trucks (1) Movie (3) Music (9) Ouch (2) Photos (1) Politics (24) Rant's (110) Religion (3) Romance (2) Sad (13) School (3) Silver Screen (1) Speed TV (1) Sports (6) Stupidity (2) Tech (18) TV (4) unemployment (2) Weird (2) World (5) Writings (11) WTH (5)

Google+ Followers

Copyright © Alt+F4 | Powered by Blogger