March 13, 2012

I Can't Move

Okay, so i decided it was time to start getting back into shape. Nine years of office jobs and no real physical activity has made me soft. So, over the course of the last few weeks, I sat down and decided what I really need. What I came up with is, the fact I felt the best while I was in the Army and for awhile after while I kept working out.

So I looked up the Army's physical guides and based on my age, today i feel like im 102!, i decided to go for it. So yesterday I signed up at a local gym. A co-worker attends the gym as well. So we did really a 45 minutes work out. Nothing to strenuous. As I haven't been that active in ages.

Started out with 10 minutes walking on the treadmill. Moved over for some push ups and sits up. Followed by bench presses. Kept myself at 60lbs to start. Weak, I know. But I need to be able to move when im done! Finished it up with 15 minutes on the treadmill for a walk.jog intervals.  Felt great at the end of the day Slept good last night.

Shoulders and neck today.... yeah, they don't want to rotate! Oh Well, price I will pay to get back into shape. Were going to go twice a week for now. Then I will start going every other day to keep it up.

Back in the days of basic training, I had 12 weeks to get into that shape. I'm giving myself, 6 months to do it this time around. Slim down, tone up, add some mass and be able to run 2 mils in 14 flat. But also be able to do a 5k run. Let's see how this goes.
Share:

Categories

Adrenaline (1) Art (17) Bucket List (1) Buffy (6) Cars (1) Charles Boyer (1) Christmas (1) Classics (2) Collections (4) Computers (16) confusion (3) corporate greed (7) Design (8) Dreams (10) fantasy (4) Feelings (1) Forza 6 (1) Frustration (4) Fun (3) funny (11) games (1) Gaming (3) General (91) Google+ (3) greed (3) Halloween (1) health (12) Hedy Lamarr (2) Hollywood Classics (1) horror (5) Ignorance (7) imagination (3) Journalism (1) Life (77) macabre (4) Military (1) Minecraft (3) Monster Trucks (1) Movie (3) Music (9) Ouch (2) Photos (1) Politics (24) Rant's (110) Religion (3) Romance (2) Sad (13) School (3) Silver Screen (1) Speed TV (1) Sports (6) Stupidity (2) Tech (18) TV (4) unemployment (2) Weird (2) World (5) Writings (11) WTH (5)

Google+ Followers

Copyright © Alt+F4 | Powered by Blogger