March 24, 2012

Not Anytime Soon

Since I was little, I was always doodling. Even on homework, it would get turned in with doodles all over it. As time went on and I hit Jr High, I started taking a few art classes. Just like every other student in school, while in art, you learn about the masters and what they brought to the table. You learn parts of their styles and methods. All of this bored me. Yes they were some great artists, but I didn't care. I just wanted to doodle and paint.

Over the course of the 4 years in high school, i took about 2 art classes a semester until my senior year. I was then majoring in art and science and had 3 art classes for the first semester and 4 the last semester. But was I any good? Well that depends on who you talk to.

Two of the many art teachers I had pushed me and pushed me until I almost quit. My work was never good enough. But I had learned a long time ago, regardless of how many hours and how many sketch pads I went through, I couldn't draw a straight line to blend painted colors to save anyone's life. And it was getting frustrating very fast.

I would go to the art rooms during study halls and stay after school sometimes just to practice. And no matter how much i practiced, these things would not come forth. So i started to give up on drawing and painting. Besides, there's more to art then those two things right?

I took up sculpting, jewelry making, things that I could create from nothing in my hands by molding, shaping, twisting, distorting and beating into shapes that made sense to me. I even picked up something called scratch board and played with that for awhile.

It didn't take long and I had started to create things people actually liked, including myself. Even at some point in time, during my last two years of high school, I had won some art awards at shows both locally and state wide with some of my new creations. A lot more then I had ever been able to accomplish with my drawing and painting.  So where's all this going?

Well, I do a lot of 2D/3D art on the PC. Mainly using Poser, Photoshop and a few other programs. I will always love art no matter what. But I've come to a point where what I create no longer makes me happy.  I'm limited by money, in which my hardware is limited. So to get the most of a lot of my software, I would have to do major hardware upgrades or buy a whole new PC. Not happening anytime soon.

Plus the fact, I've learned a lot of the last 10 years of doing what I do, I want to try to move on and make it better. Learn new things. So I finally have been able to purchase a Wacom tablet. Something I've wanted for YEARS!

I still can't draw a straight line and using programs like Photoshop, I have been able to get better at blending paints! However, It's time I move to the next level in what ever creations I create. So I've been playing for a few weeks with the tablet. Setting it up, doing this and doing that. I want to be able to take sketches, clean them up and paint them. I want to be able to create things and add things to work I've got floating in my head.

Granted, I got ripped off on what i ordered, (long story). But the tablet fits my desk and I'm getting used to it. So i guess it's back to the proverbial drawing board and I start over. Learning to draw and paint better. I guess I now have more control over what I do, once learn the tablet. Portraits, 'scapes, etc. All of it with no limit.

Guess time will tell if I can actually accomplish what I want or if I will remain some backroom mediocre artist.
Share:

Categories

Adrenaline (1) Art (17) Bucket List (1) Buffy (6) Cars (1) Charles Boyer (1) Christmas (1) Classics (2) Collections (4) Computers (16) confusion (3) corporate greed (7) Design (8) Dreams (10) fantasy (4) Feelings (1) Forza 6 (1) Frustration (4) Fun (3) funny (11) games (1) Gaming (3) General (91) Google+ (3) greed (3) Halloween (1) health (12) Hedy Lamarr (2) Hollywood Classics (1) horror (5) Ignorance (7) imagination (3) Journalism (1) Life (77) macabre (4) Military (1) Minecraft (3) Monster Trucks (1) Movie (3) Music (9) Ouch (2) Photos (1) Politics (24) Rant's (110) Religion (3) Romance (2) Sad (13) School (3) Silver Screen (1) Speed TV (1) Sports (6) Stupidity (2) Tech (18) TV (4) unemployment (2) Weird (2) World (5) Writings (11) WTH (5)

Google+ Followers

Copyright © Alt+F4 | Powered by Blogger