April 1, 2012

Slowly But Surely

So, it's been a little while since I posted anything worth while, at least in my opinion.. Then again, no one follows this blog, so what I put here is for my outlet anyway.

A lot has been going on in my head. Sometimes, I seem to be having arguments with myself, and I'm loosing those. How that equates, I have no idea. But I'm not liking the feeling.

I've done some work for a friend on her blog and I'll help her get it set up here soon. I've decided using Google's Hangouts are going to be the best way to accomplish this, as there is a lot she will need to do. And since everyone tells me over and over I need to be a teacher, it'll be easier for me to read her facial expressions so I know when I can slap the yard stick on the desk!!, just kidding. It's just easier because I can share my desktop so she can see what she needs to do if she has issues.

A lot of changes have happened at work that have contributed to higher stress. The laying off of a lot of people, the new implementation of write ups and time taken out of your vacation time if you use personal time for anything, including a trip to take a dump. And all with no communication from the company. Which I didn't expect less because we are and have been a communications company that can't communicate. So I've gone from 1 write up because I left work early one night due to an emergency to having 6 this week alone, all because I'm having a slight issue going to the bathroom. Ah well. Resume's have been sent out, a few apps have been filled out. Matter of fact, I'll be doing a few more today.

Today is the first day of trout season back home. I haven't been fishing in years. When I moved to FL, bought new pole and reel because I wanted to try out the fishing here. Haven't been yet. How I miss the long wet mornings, walking and standing a long the banks of the creeks and rivers fishing. I remember when I was young, my mom let me skip this day of school. I would pack a tackle box of bait, food, a magazine and some TP and head out from sun up to sun down. More time then not, i didn't catch anything. But the whole point was to enjoy myself, the quiet. The occasional job jab with the older fisherman. My nephews are 4 and 3. Soon to be 5 and 4. So I'm thinking next year, I have to do what I can to get up there so my brother and I can take them out the first day like the both of us used to.

Since the niece has moved out, slowly but surely the house has become our own again. But it seems like our lives have not. I have started going to the gym three times a week. Well, except those days I still can't move from the previous work out. But slowly, I'm getting into shape again. Already dropped about 15lbs. Not like I was that over weight anyway. But according to certain statistics, at 6'3", 225 is over weight. So, if i can get down to about 180, I'll put weight back on to about 195 in the for of muscle. Nine years of doing an office job and not getting out takes it's toll on you.



Share:

Categories

Adrenaline (1) Art (17) Bucket List (1) Buffy (6) Cars (1) Charles Boyer (1) Christmas (1) Classics (2) Collections (4) Computers (16) confusion (3) corporate greed (7) Design (8) Dreams (10) fantasy (4) Feelings (1) Forza 6 (1) Frustration (4) Fun (3) funny (11) games (1) Gaming (3) General (91) Google+ (3) greed (3) Halloween (1) health (12) Hedy Lamarr (2) Hollywood Classics (1) horror (5) Ignorance (7) imagination (3) Journalism (1) Life (77) macabre (4) Military (1) Minecraft (3) Monster Trucks (1) Movie (3) Music (9) Ouch (2) Photos (1) Politics (24) Rant's (110) Religion (3) Romance (2) Sad (13) School (3) Silver Screen (1) Speed TV (1) Sports (6) Stupidity (2) Tech (18) TV (4) unemployment (2) Weird (2) World (5) Writings (11) WTH (5)

Google+ Followers

Copyright © Alt+F4 | Powered by Blogger