February 11, 2014

Forget Dr Jekyll & Mr. Hyde

Tonight, I'm more like Bruce Banner and the Hulk. And the hulk has seemed to start his transformation. What started out as a bad day at work, got a hell of a lot worse when I got home.

So now, months after I got off unemployment, and Centurylink, the company I used to work for tried to appeal it on the first round failed. They are now appealing it again.

So let me explain this situation.  You get what they call an occurrence if you call of of work, if you're scheduled, regardless of the issue. You get one, if you late more than a total of 5 minutes through out the day from being late to work, back from break, lunch etc. Regardless of what the issue was that made you late.

You're allowed 6 of these in one calender year, which used to be 6 every six months, then you get terminated.

Since the buy out of Embarq, which was the company, prior to Centurylink, things were good. Then they started to implement a lot of little changes and it was at that time, some of the best personnel ended up leaving or being let go.

So what happened to me? Well, the stress started to really get to me toward the middle of 2012 and I had been with the company since the start of '07. So much so, I had a mental breakdown in May that year. A breakdown in which I really hurt the one person I call my best friend. I've been through a lot of shit growing up, but this just got the better of me. At that time, I started to develop a small medical issue. I ended up going to the Dr's for FMLA. It wasn't for me to take time off of work or leave early. But to give me a little extra time when i needed to use the bathroom.

First time around, they denied my paper work. Saying it wasn't filled out correctly. So after a half hour or so on the phone with HR, i got all the information needed to have the Dr redo the paperwork. So i stopped in and told him what they had said, as I had it written down. He made the changes per their request, and they denied it again. Now i'm getting a little pissed. So I call again, and ask what's wrong this time. They say this and this need to be changed. I get clarification that, that is all that need to be changed. Dr fills it out yet again, denied. SO now i'm fuming. Getting to the point of saying fuck it.

At my managers request, we try one more time. So I call HR back, and spend a good hour on the phone. I go line by line of the paperwork asking what they want. What he needs to say. And i read back each answer. At the end of the call, i clarify that is it, nothing more? I was told yes. Yet again, he makes their changes and it's denied. By this time, he's pissed off too.

A little time goes by and I'm asked to try one last time to get the paper work submitted, because the medical issue is hurting my record. So I call the Dr and ask him to submit it one last time. He makes no changes on the paperwork and viola, they accept it. Makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

After being advised that it was accepted, I was told, these occurrences garnered due to this issue would be removed. They never were. I went about my daily business of working.

Now, some of these were related to other things as well, not just the medical condition. I left work one evening early when I got a call from the EMT's, telling me my GF had been involved in a  hit and run and they were on their way to the hospital. Because I was scheduled to work til a certain time, I got an occurrence for that. One came from me shattering a tooth during lunch break. Literally, shattered. Blood everywhere, pin like you wouldn't believe. I have a high tolerance for pain, my dentist will vouch for that. However, this pain was so bad, plus my mouth had swollen, I left a few hours early. Got an occurrence for that. I was able to get into the dentist the next day for an emergency extraction, so I had to call off. Now mind you, I don't take vacations, so I have all this so called sick time saved up. But again, 4 shots of Novocaine, cutting into my gum line to extract that tooth, occurrence! No way, was I in any shape to talk on the phone for 8-9 hours after that.

I remember one occurrence i received the day my GF mother, who we lived with at the time to take care of her, has a stroke at 8am. I was in the ambulance on the way to the hospital with her and called off. Occurrence!

I only lived 15 minutes from work, yet I would leave the house a minimum of 45 minutes in case I ran into traffic. One day, there was a massive accident on the main highway in front of my house. They were routing all traffic through different neighborhoods. I called in and said I was running late because of this. Didn't call off, but was late by 16 minutes, occurrence.

There were a few others that happened, to where I had no control. Like witnessing an accident in front of me on the road,coming back from lunch. Stopping to make sure people were okay. And even getting hit in a parking lot, while my car was parked and off.

But in the end, a majority, 80% of them, had come from my medical issue. So, they put me on a final written warning which I signed. When they accepted the FMLA paperwork, they didn't go by what the Dr had put, but instead gave me four leeway's a month.  So essentially screwing me over. But i did not find this out, until later in the year.

I wasn't one to milk this. IF the issue came up, i dealt with it. I even worked overtime when they asked and in some cases volunteered. If I was trying to milk it, I would have done any of that.

SO fast forward to today. Centurylink now wants to fight my unemployment. I got a fed ex envelope today, stating i had a phone interview TODAY that I could not miss. Nice of them to give me fair warning but whats expected from a company that treats their customers and employees like shit and caters only to their share holders.

I've gone over the paperwork a few times, and it's doctored up.  They have dates on there that don't coincide, they have someone as my manager that was never my manager listed. So because I missed this phone interview, I may loose that unemployment and have to pay it back.

SO I need to see where this goes. I'm a very mellow person. But when you back me into a corner, the stinger comes out and people will get hurt. People have this thing of under estimating me. If you read astrology, even if you don't believe in it, I am a scorpion true to heart, in all sense of the terms.

This company not only got my stress levels to the point of anxiety attacks, but they turned into panic attacks. Something I've never had before. At one point, my actual manager had to take me to the hospital from work. They drugged me up and sent me home about 4 hours later. I was so drugged out, the next morning, i didn't even know who i was. Ended up calling off because i was in no shape to drive. Oh snap, an occurrence!

I'm so glad to be out of that company. I feel really sorry for their customers, as I know how they treat them. I feel sorry for those who work there, because they don't care. Plain and simple. I've seen it all.

All of this has gotten so far under my skin, I want to run away. I want as far away as possible. No kids, so very few if any would probably miss me for a short period of time then get over it.

I'm struggling to better myself and make life just a tad bit easier. And i'm going backwards, faster than I can go forward. I'm tired of living as a puppet. And every time I break a string or two, three more get reattached.

Everyone says, keep fighting. One can only fight so much before they're exhausted and can't go on.











Share:

Categories

Adrenaline (1) Art (17) Bucket List (1) Buffy (6) Cars (1) Charles Boyer (1) Christmas (1) Classics (2) Collections (4) Computers (16) confusion (3) corporate greed (7) Design (8) Dreams (10) fantasy (4) Feelings (1) Forza 6 (1) Frustration (4) Fun (3) funny (11) games (1) Gaming (3) General (91) Google+ (3) greed (3) Halloween (1) health (12) Hedy Lamarr (2) Hollywood Classics (1) horror (5) Ignorance (7) imagination (3) Journalism (1) Life (77) macabre (4) Military (1) Minecraft (3) Monster Trucks (1) Movie (3) Music (9) Ouch (2) Photos (1) Politics (24) Rant's (110) Religion (3) Romance (2) Sad (13) School (3) Silver Screen (1) Speed TV (1) Sports (6) Stupidity (2) Tech (18) TV (4) unemployment (2) Weird (2) World (5) Writings (11) WTH (5)

Google+ Followers

Copyright © Alt+F4 | Powered by Blogger